Sunday, July 18, 2010

An Unseen Moment-911



I will never and ever forget September 11th, 2001. The September 11th attack is the most horrible and sorrow event happened in American history. This day has brought a huge significant change in United States.

On September 11th, 2001, I was 12 years old and lived in Guangzhou, China. China was 12 hours slower than United States, which means if China is in night time then United States is in day time. I was watching television at home at night with my family. Suddenly there was another totally different screen cut in, it was live 911 attacked. We were shocked and speechless. My mom was hugging me and crying. I saw the buildings were burning and people were terrifying. At first, I thought it was a movie, I did not trust what I saw was really happening in our real lives. After the news was reporting more than half hour, I finally believed that was the truth. I was scared and kept asking mom where it was and what was happening. My mom did not reply me, but she was calling my aunt who already lived in United States.

After a while, there were few Chinese reporters reported the whole tragic event. I finally understand there were two planes hijacked by the terrorists, they clashed into the World Trade Center in New York, United States. People were running, screaming, and some of them were jumping out of the building. I could not believe what I saw the city ran into a horrible chaos like this on the television. The terrorists were killing everyone on board and many others working in the buildings. I was super upset and scared.

The news reported almost three hours, my eyes did not leave the TV for even more than one second. Both of the buildings collapsed within two hours, destroying nearby buildings and damaging others. Some of people were screaming and crying to find their friends and families, some of them were saved with blood on their bodies, and some of them were praying. The policemen were trying their best to evacuate people. The city went into an uncontrollable chaos. There were many people sacrificed in 911 attacked.

This was my most memorable mediated experience. I would never ever forget 911. It brought significant changes to the United States. From this event, I’ve learn how people can be united to protect the country. A country protects people, and we the people can also protect the country from being attack.

2 comments:

  1. I was there when 9/11 happened. Especially when I lived a couple of blocks away from World Trade Center. I even saw the second building fall. It was something I would never forget. Of course even till this day I find it surreal. All I remember was that I was in 7th grade and my teacher even joked about the crash. We heard and saw the plane fly over our building but who would've imagined that it would turn out the way it did. What was even more insane was that my teacher joked about it being a terrorist and crashing a building! Minutes later we hear that a plane crashed the twin towers and that it wasn't that serious. Next thing you know we were all sent home and people were frantically running around calling their children, friends, and family. If people asked me how it was like being near the building, I honestly wouldn't know how to answer them. Everything happened too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the idea that 9/11 broutht significant changes to the U.S. I could see many people were united to get over the hardship that gave a great impression to the people all around the world. Not only for the United States, but also many other countries have realized the danger of terrorism, such as the tighten airport security and regulations at plane.

    ReplyDelete